Are you planning to go to grad school? Already enrolled? Either way, all Mortar Board members pursuing further study in graduate or professional school are eligible to apply for Mortar Board National Foundation fellowships. Thousands of dollars will be available for Mortar Board fellowships for the 2011-2012 academic year, with applications due on or before January 31, 2011.
The Mortar Board Fellowship Selection Committee has designed applications to provide for a streamlined, yet thought-provoking application process that allows each applicant to showcase her/his accomplishments and plans. This committee reviews all completed applications.
A completed application for a Mortar Board National Foundation fellowship consists of three parts, outlined below. The deadline for receipt of the completed application (all three parts) is January 31, 2011.
- A Microsoft Word application form (available here), completed in full, and sent as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- A current, official transcript from every institution of higher education that you have attended, postmarked by January 31, 2011 and mailed to:
Mortar Board National Office
1200 Chambers Road, Suite 201
Columbus, OH 43212
- Two recommendations, which should be completed in a Microsoft Word, saved and e-mailed to email@example.com. The recommendation form is available online at http://www.mortarboard.org/forms/FellowshipRec.doc.
- One recommendation must be from a faculty member or other person who is able to attest to your academic ability, personal qualities and achievement. < /br>
- One recommendation must be from a past or current advisor of your Mortar Board chapter.